Train hopping video

HEROIN -Lou reed

mercredi 6 mai 2009

IRLAND! what a country!!!

Now in Irland,I am really impressed,surprised, interogated,YES YES AND YES and happy about the experiences I am living in here...in the Repulic of Irland!!That uses euros speak in kilometers but still drink beer by pint!!!!!!
I bet you ever heard about Irish hospitality well,..there is a big gap between earing and experincing once again....
Irland!A country where everybody is greeting each others everydays everytime,polite ,on the road..in the pub..in the supermarket..in the park,beside the road..
Irish peoples are probaly the warmerst peoples of the whole Europe...might be of the World....I am getting hundreds of smiles in everydays from so many differents peoples of all ages,many chats in the street..and in the pub indeed....and just in everywhere...
I experienced so many acts of kindness lately and I must share that with you.When I left that small pub in Lifford...just going my way after I did a stop for a pint (a guiness indeed),all the peoples just when §I entered talked to me and asked me many questions about what I was doing here..well I've explane.,and when I left they were all in front of the pub..greeting and applausing me when I was gonna go my way to Sligo...why??still dont know ...just these applause make me smile and laught for all the day..even once in my sleeping bag that same night I was smiling thinking about that moment I bet....
Lately Irealise the Bob..the trailer the strong feature holding the most of my stuff on,was about to brake ..(10km of sligo,sligo where i gotta say i ve seen very beautifull waves that day!!)...stopped to make a check at the petrol station...to chek if there was anyone able to weld it...well nobody could..but it s at the same time..I meet Eamon...a rugbyman that use to play in France (Beziers and Narbonne)but he is now retired of playing ...he was apart of the organisation of a charity race that went on that same day north to south irland by motorbikes...to raise monney for blind peoples...well,there was a trailer free..and a car for me..and Eamon proposed to me to give me a lift in Galway...about to brake my trailer,my tire bumping around also...and some rain...well..had a think instead of breaking the trailer in somewhere lost...better brake (if it has to) and find a way to repair in Galway isn it??? so..it s how I came to Galway from Sligo,...I kind of hitchiked a car and trailer...but without any thumb out..and any struggling around...just amazing experience...
Well,then crashed up in Galway and I ve found a spot by the harbour to sleep the same night I did miss Celia a girl that is on Cs also, witch is touring around as well when she is on holidays!...a great but wet one,lot of wind and rain that night...but i have good memories of it by now..sleeping so close to the water ,this element..was a special night that remind me the time when i was fisherman deckhand in Norway.
Anyways...I've found the day aftet the perfect squatt..like empty bisness right in the middle of old town when I just fully brake the trailer...just had to push a door ...make my sleeping space tidy..and I had untill now 2 enjoyables nights there...well a tiny bit noisy cause is just around the pubs and venues that are around...but anyway it s a place to keep away from the rain..
in the same street ...I ve meet Liam a little pissed the night befor in front of the beerhouse ( a pub in here)...the boss of the West Irland bikeshop,very understanding and open...We,just like friend went to his mate that is a proffessional welder and so we fixed the bob up..the day after I totaly broke it...well..his friend Shaun asked for nothing when I asked how much it was!!!!ha come on....so I gave him 10euros...and when I asked Liam how much it was for the petrol and the service to make me meet shaun...he toldl me nothing.,that's nothing...well can I pay you a pint then...yes let s go for one...but while I was away putting my sleeping bag and cooking stuff for the morning in the squatt ,cause my bike and trailer stayed locked up for the night in his shop...he order and PAY..at the pub...well I told him it's for me...but he told me...just keep your monney..
Talking about monney,somehow Irland is suffering ..suffering of a very hitgh percentage of taxes ...every little thing is just so expensive...remind me Norway a packet of 20 cig/8euros 50....a pint 4...and food..let s just not talk about it...,but i did lately find some good stuffs in the rubbishs...
Irland is suffering also of really huge amount of rain..witch is ennoying...to me as a cyclist...but it s doesn't seems to affect the Irish peoples that still smily under the rain!!!!Surprising..this crappy weather seems not affecting them!!!!!Impressiv Irishs!!!!Well some how is might be for that irish pubs have this reputation we all know!!Entering a pub in here is just magic....and meet the Irish is such a great experience and what about Irish music!!So beautifull!!!..and hopefully is not finish yet..cause soon..once I will get the tire I orded from Ryans place that he sent to Celia place in Gaway and that must arrive today or tomorow I am going to the Connemara national park...and will be back in Galway for a bit and then strait line to Dublin to visit and find a way to get on a cargo to get england to across it again to get another cargo for Holland...but ..well will try it at least...then will have to pay a ferry...
Well,Irland...a place to experience for sure...worth it...full of truthfull and nice peoples....let you know more later ...indeed!!

1 commentaire:

Ugo a dit…

Dear Xavier,
Connemara is beautifull and all the coast southern too
If you plan to go there i suggest you to visit this placehttp://www.dzogchenbeara.org/

.Keep in touch

Ugo