Train hopping video

HEROIN -Lou reed

samedi 14 février 2009

Bordeaux,La Rochelle (and steps back on board)

After I left Bordeaux,I cycled to Blaye,I have passed the Garonne and Dordogne the same day to get along the Gironde witch is so large,and I realise how big is the Bordelais French vignoble (and I saw just a little part of it).,took me 4hoo to make 63kms.I am so glad of the relations between my bike and me..my darling and I,a deep relation....we are going toghether so well..the air ,the tires tuching the ground making a certain noise.. when we fly toghether is just amazing..the melody that my bike is offering me,is the best melody I can eard..but we know both..we will have to take our paths..on our sides ..and I will go,and hope she will too..I better don't want to think about it yet ...
The flu I got still a bit here, but I am getting much better..is going back where he came from..day by day..
I am sitting now on a matress made of cloth,my future bed.. other matress there and over-there around me..dusty,..but not on my matress that had a good position,..in term of dustness till now..my nose still dropping,the road is 20 meters away not far from there garden..there is a kind of public discharge in most of the place ,all and nothing ,washing machines,tires,pieces of wood...just like in the house,I cooked merguez and eat pate that I found in the rubbish of a butcher few kilometers away,a warm mint the,...cloth up myself for the night.. and go sleeping.
The 9th february.. looking for a shelter for the night 7kms about before Royan..I went to check camping and holidays places,open mainly the summer,but close in February, I did have the choice..wooden little house in the forest.., a caravan a empty building... ,it is at one of this building that I meet Martine..the wife of the director of the place .,I did meet her at a moment really unspected..she never goes there she told me(the winter..).this buiding down the forest..near the beach...
Well,she invited me for a tea, and the same day there was wind of 140km_hour..and this area was on orange alert ..,so she decided with her husband to let me sleep in the house beside theyr house..just the same..but empty..had a shower, and a dinner with Martine Henri and son..,lovely and open peoples ,that they traveled too..and I thank them again for theyr kindness.
The day after Ii went to Oleron Island,passed a huge bridge,all that with big cloud above my head..few drops some time to time..under really uncertain weather and my progression was really slow due to some front wind,about 12km-hour,one side ,I had much time to enjoy the lanscape that was really beautifull and camp there...on a beach near la Cotiniere.. only beach and forest around..and no actually,2 bunkers from the second world war..to remind history..
It was rainy a part of the night and quiet windy.. and I sleeped so well listening to all this music,and I did call my mum that got one year older that day!!...I sleeped like a baby an expression said in french....the day after I visit and had a coffe and breakfast in the bunkers that got smatch more and more by the sea...and is for that lately there was many peoples around and even the police to mark a perimeter of security..
I ve meet also ,Oyster producers,that go seel theyr oysters in markets in Paris,a family bisness,brave peoples,that would change for nothing theyr job..not even to go fishing in Northern Norway they told me...In my thoughtIi wanted to allready hitchike a boat(or try to)
from Oleron( Boyardville) to La Rochelle , I was all wrong...nothing came out really not the season..not the feeling...
The 12 february I rode 5h10 and did 63kms..by a sunny day...humid and cold morning and evening..I sleeped in my tent and it was like an aquarium the morning,all wet...so strange...how wet that was...the same day I found some more treasure in the rubbish....big quantity of good food..I meet also Gonzalo on the way..walking from Vendee to the pyreenes, a brave guy..walking this much..for me personaly I could't walk this much but ,well for the challenge I dont exclude any possibility.
Well, hope I resume me time riding my bike consequantly....
So right now,I am in La Rochelle,beautifull La Rochelle...charming and interesting city if we like sailing boats ,nature..freedom,I like city I can say I would live here..why not!!! so attractive city to me.Woke up yesterday morning in my tent near the train stationand well hided by bushes near a roundabout too;..like a hobo..exacly, feeling the ground mooving when train passed by..and running to watch what was passing by and unfortunaly did 't see any fret train...
After a coffeIi went visiting the city and passed by the old harbour..where boats are out of the water and got repaired.. around a piece of boat...(le mat in french..dunno in english) I started to speak to the guy that was working on it..and from there another person noticied me on my charged bike.."Hey..hello...travelling cycling?...me too..where to??around the world hitchiking boat..how interesting...got a boat too and cycled myself around France....it is how it all started when I meet Mathieu,..a traveler,sailor,cyclist,nurse..We got along really well and so quickly, he invited me on his boat for a coffe, there was his friend Natalia also,the first time I go officialy on a sailing boat,punch coco...what a day!!!Simply spontaneious,I'd say magic,feeling again the moovement of the water has been a real satisfaction..
From there Matheiu and I talked about travels,he showed lme his pictures,interesting and interested ,he likes challenge and the adventures..talking about his futures travels sailing with so much love was a real plaisure to echange ideas with him..
A part of it really open about my world tour cycling and hitchiking boat,he did talk about a probable possibility to do toghether La Rochelle,France - La Coruna _Spain.. That would change my itinerary ,but has I got none really...I let the wind tell the future...
Around 16H I left Mathieu happy has can be,echanging few last word on the bridge of the boat....shake his hand ..and left..probably smiling still.
Then I contacted Theo, almost afro aircut,smile over the face, a contact from the Couchsurfing,interested by photography and french music and also ..boats and boats conception...was his work actually but he got fired due to the economic problems in the enterprise his working for..the owner(Mr Gamelin) of the entereprise suicide due to too much trubles, and peoples without work what a story...well,he got time to welcom me, and I am enjoying very much staying at his place.,wash some clothes in his infernal washing machine that is about to fly in the air on drying mode ,like 20y.o old washing machine but soo charming...tryed to process pictures but did not sucessed..but was so interesting anyway
We went to party of his friends friends...well it was just great, like 6peoples playing in a room of the flat,3guitars,,1saxo,1trombone..1 accoredeon...peoples enjoying ,listening,speaking drinking smoking , I meet many interesting peoples that evening,artist, and peoples that make this city live...sailors too,as Jules that use to work for a rent sailing boat compagny, and Anne witch is actually the daughter of the owner that create the compagny of boat rent like 20 year ago..nice chat with them 2 about the sea and the sail,La rochelle is beautifull and interesting from my point of view, I really enjoy much the place and the peoples that are living here too..

3 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

pas très à jour ce blog!!!!!

un anonyme qui compte bien le rester!

xavier a dit…

bhe non...la route c est sans internet..jusqu a ce que je le trouve gratuit et que je puisse prendre mon temps pour faire une belle mise a jour

Anonyme a dit…

t'as raison, suis ton rythme en tous cas t'écris bien en anglais, les sensations, leurs conditions d'apparition, leur rythme propre...
it's flowing great man!

on s'est croisé à rennes, JB (aka Jean Néné) viens de me filer ton adresse de blog, bonne route!

vincent-