Train hopping video

HEROIN -Lou reed

vendredi 7 août 2009

Training done..

Back from an about 8500/9000km journey since cuple of hours,went to see first Anne the girlfriend of my brother who is pregnant,she has now a very big belly cause my nephew is about to born!!Anyway!Made it befor him! and glad i did cause i really wish i see him on his firsts days in this world...
Seen my italian grandma also,who is worry of any mouv i do..and who is the kind ,like some peoples to think that climbing the Everest is going to reach the unusefull,well,she is not the first and not the last to think in this way...just like going around the world on a bike...why i just can't be like the others,around in my family???,think retirement points,think about my 60years old,think about reproducing myself,think about making a lot of monney ,invest,sale,make some profit by eventually making bisness with some appartement that i would buy...instead of going around the world with my bike....reach the unusefull.....

Anyways...coming back to Toulouse ,i rode along a known way since years..since the year i actually gone for my first trip on bike, this is where it all started,where all started to fuse in my head,where my first feeling about cycling the world started to grow,one dream,many paths,one life...
Riding along the canal du Midi,i also had a think to Jibi,riding actually the one that was his for so long,passing by the places known from boths of us..where we sleeped,where we had interesting conversation about the life on just a piece of grass actually.. just this 2 meters squares pieces of grass along this canal is too representative,and i had coffe on this memorial to both of us...!!
The Canal where we also rode naked,where i do remember seeing George felling down in the water cause spike tree on the right side and a hole on the way on the left side ...what a laught we had...where i also learn so much about touring,and some bike mecanic when we found the both tires on a used bike that was on the side just out of the canal but the tires where new just right when i was needed,too many memories passed throught my head riding this way...
At home,i ve seen my daddy first that was painting around the outside of the house,inside my mum was cooking...happy indeed,to see them both healthy and happy themselves,becoming soon..grandparents...35 years now of a common life,it is just so respectfull!!!
My Europeen journey went really well,now..what's next? Africa.. my route??...I guess..that i just dont know... future will tell exactly ,once again...
Anyways i will enjoy my time in Toulouse,to repair,fix,learn,think,think about too many things that are worth thinking about before a journey like this..
Might hop a train also in between and come back hitchhiking....to somewhere around cause i got a little nostalgie..well i just don t know once again...
I will surely write some more later....for now is time to sleep,in the family house,where i was born and raised...

1 commentaire:

Erin a dit…

think about reproducing myself
Don't do it, Xav, the world isn't ready....!!